The Office of Admissions is seeking an advisor to represent the university and best serve a diverse and global population of prospective and current students in a dual capacity. The professional staff member will counsel prospective students and their families concerning UB admissions policies and procedures, academic programs along with available financial aid programs.
- Build and cultivate key relationships and partnerships with constituents, such as; secondary school communities, community-based organizations, alumni, and professional organizations.
- Represent the university at In and out of state recruiting events, high school and college visits, college fairs.
- Assist with all phases of the application processing.
- Counsel students/parents on admission to the university and on a variety of available aid programs.
- Represent the university in various Admissions and Financial Aid informational sessions.
- Extensive US travel to recruit students via attendance at organized recruitment events or visits to schools, including evenings, weekends and overnight travel.
Work Hours: Monday -Friday 8:30-5:00 pm; evenings and weekends as needed to meet the professional obligation.
Applications cannot be accepted via email or US mail, please submit your application materials through the University at Buffalo website, UBJobs. Please do not call to inquire about application status, qualified candidates will be contacted.
The University at Buffalo is a flagship institution in the State University of New York system, UB is the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus SUNY system. It is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One year related experience working in a counseling role, customer service environment or working with college bound students.
- Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs for this position.
- Master’s Preferred
- Experience within a higher education setting, prior Admissions/Financial Aid experience helpful.
- Multi-lingual ability: preferably Spanish or Chinese