This position’s office is location at Barsema Alumni and Visitor Center but will also oversee events in Altgeld Hall. The Event Coordinator is responsible for the overall operation of the assigned events. This person will act as the main contact for the event and ensure perfect execution of large dinners, receptions and events. He/She will be in the front of the house for these events making sure the set is perfect prior to arrival of guest and all details from the Event Manager have been executed from the beginning until the conclusion of the event and lock up.
- Available to clients at all times during their events. He/she should be out on the floor where he/she is easily visible.
- Responsible for the appearance of the catering hall before and during the event. He/She should work with Event Coordinators to receive all the details of the event. Event
Coordinator should then design a room layout for the client that meets the client’s seating needs and any entertainment needs, such as having a dance floor available or setting up equipment for audio visual presentations during the event. If the client has special requests for decorations, the Event Coordinator may need to contact outside vendors to help supply equipment.
- Responsible for the daily operations of his/her assigned events.
- The Event Coordinator is responsible for working with the NIU Departments on day of the event and prior to confirm all services are set. The position should keep in constant contact with his/her vendors. These vendors do not include only food providers but also other services, such as linens and equipment suppliers.
- To produce all food services to the agreed client standard through the catering department
- Report any faults to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Ensure the standards across the site(s) are in accordance with the Service Level
- Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers, clients and staff
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed
- Ensure that all employees project a positive, approachable, friendly and professional image through the duration of the event.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to interact with customers on the night of their event understanding the stress they are feeling
- Attention to Detail to key an eye on all elements of the event.
- Leadership skills to be able to work with several different departments for the success of the event and resolve any conflicts.
- Problem solving skills to provide solutions to any issues that evening.
- This position will be mainly on your feet having stamina is extremely important to get through the events.
- Attend Training Courses and other duties as assigned