Information Technology Services
Posting Closing Date:
March 7, 2019
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The work involves gathering, analyzing, and integrating the information used to develop and maintain the Erie Community College current ERP system. The incumbent is expected to be well-versed with the current ERP System and proficient with the associated programming tool suite. Incumbent will need to quickly learn the structure of the current environment and troubleshoot the production custom programming when there are issues with their functionality, or when regulations require modification. We expect the incumbent to learn and support the new ERP and assist with 3rd party integration programming. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a higher-level technical and/or administrative employee. Supervision of lower-level technical employees and data processing staff is exercised. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Create integrations for the legacy ERP, new ERP, additional administrative applications, 3rd party applications. Will involve transferring data between legacy and new ERP system. Create subroutines and computed columns to meet reporting and other needs brought forward by other members of the IT team;
- Works with department and IT staff to troubleshoot production processing issues submitted by the IT Operations team, or via the Helpdesk ticket process;
- Works with department and IT staff to understand new regulatory requirements, or changes to current programming to support regulatory requirements, and then implement these requirements into the production;
- Coordinates the plans, functions and schedules of lower level technical employees and data processing staff;
- Interfaces with outside vendors/contractors;
- Assists in the installation, maintenance and customization of vendor supplied information systems, including, but not limited to, software, hardware, networks and communications;
- Reviews new systems and proposed or requested changes to existing applications;
- Gathers requirements for programming changes and creates program specification documents;
- Makes recommendations to management regarding hardware/software to achieve improved information systems and methods of implementation;
- Create and modify reports in ERP or external reporting systems;
- Works shifts as assigned, scheduled or in support of emergency operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of current electronic data processing systems, principles and methods of application; thorough knowledge of systems programming analysis as it applies to electronic data processing; good knowledge of electronic data processing hardware and software, including its capabilities and application; good knowledge of database structures, Hierarchical and Relational, ANSI object-oriented programming, XML, XSLT and SQL coding methods and operations requirements; ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions; ability to communicate ideas both orally and in writing; a high degree of logical reasoning; sound judgment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse constituency; capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Graduation from a regionally accredited four (4) year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Data Processing or Computer Science or related field and three (3) years of programming and systems development, of which includes two (2) years with an ERP system;
2. Completion of a regionally accredited two (2) year college or university with an Associate’s degree in Data Processing or Computer Science or related field and five (5) years of programming and systems development experience, of which includes (2) years with an ERP system;
3. Satisfactory completion of a certified course in computer programming as offered by a New York State approved technical training institute and six (6) years of programming and systems development experience, of which includes two (2) years with an ERP system;
4. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency and seven (7) years of programming and systems development experience, of which includes two (2) years with an ERP system;
5. An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (1), (2), (3), and (4), as listed above.
Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire.
This is a provisional civil service appointment, which means the successful candidate will be required to take the next available civil service exam for this job title and achieve a "reachable" exam score.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 851-1840 with any questions.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At SUNY Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
SUNY Erie Community College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or in the administration of any of its policies and programs on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristics protected by law. This applies to all students, applicants or other members of the College community (including, but not limited to, vendors and visitors). Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting the Civil Rights Compliance Officer listed below. Retaliation against a person who files a complaint, serves as a witness, or assists or participates in the investigation of a complaint in any manner is strictly prohibited.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
Tracy Archie, Chief Diversity Officer
Office of Equity and Diversity
City Campus, Room 174, 121 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, please contact:
New York Office
United States Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip 26th Floor,
New York, N.Y., 10005-25010;
Tel (646) 428-3800; Email: mailto:OCR.NewYork@ed.govOCR.NewYork@ed.gov.