The Office of the Vice Provost of Research (OVPR) at Tufts University provides the key services necessary to deliver exceptional results in research. The OVPR strives to provide high quality services to faculty and staff and to increase the funding available to support research and scholarship, all the while protecting the University’s interests and ensuring that Tufts is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
The Business Operations team within the OVPR coordinates and manages a matrix of operational services to augment the office’s support of research and scholarship. Business Operations has number of core activities, with this role focused in the core area of Administrative support services.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid position. Expectation for the first 90 days is that you will be onsite 3 days per week. After the first 90 days, you may transition to working 2 days onsite, 3 days remote.
The Office Assistant II is an exciting entry-level administrative support opportunity to gain professional work experience on a cohesive supportive team with a true community-feel, where each person is cross-trained, and we reward hard work with unlimited potential for growth. Ask us about our track record!
- Provides administrative support and serves as source of information for students, faculty, staff and other constituents
- Acts as front-office staff, providing point-of-contact support for requests and inquiries from internal and external parties
- Performs general office support including filing, maintaining office supplies, scheduling appointments and making travel arrangements
- Prepares information about department and responds to questions and may resolve problems or concerns
- Proofreads and edits letters, memos, reports and other documents and assists in scheduling and coordinating logistics for meetings and events
- Serves as a backup contact for team members, when needed
- Assists in supporting department programs
- Masters duties successfully to enable skill-building and professional development experiences
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of a high school diploma/GED and at least 1 year of administrative support experience, which can include applicable student employment experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including word processing, spreadsheet and some database knowledge
- Experience in Outlook calendaring