This position will work within the department of Diagnostic Sciences primarily within the Division of Craniofacial Pain, but will provide coverage for the Divisions of Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology as needed. The craniofacial pain division at tufts university school of dental medicine is devoted to the diagnosis and management of temporomandibular disorders and chronic head, neck and facial pain. we incorporate true multidisciplinary approaches to the treatment of complex pain problems. with a diverse group of pain physicians, dentists, and psychologists, the center provides a range of services for craniofacial disorders, sleep and headache disorders.
What You'll Do
The Dental Assistant will greet and escort patients. The individual will set up and break down operatories and clean operatory areas after each patient. The Dental Assistant will take impressions and assist specialty dentists chairside as needed. The individual will also assist in minor surgical procedures. In addition, the individual will be responsible for sterilization and maintaining equipment and materials in accordance with OSHA, federal and state guidelines. The Dental Assistant will also be responsible for stocking all materials needed in the clinic on a daily basis. In addition, the dental assistant will support the front desk operations. The individual will be able to schedule appointments, check in patients, collect and verify patient demographics, retrieve charts, document treatments plans and other tasks in support of office administration.
What We're Looking For
- Vocational/Technical diploma or Associates degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in multi-specialty dentistry
- Certifications: MA DA; Radiology
- Working knowledge of dental software
- Exhibits knowledge and proficiency with sterile technique and assisting various specialties.
- Sound knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA compliance in regard to infection control, blood borne pathogens, sterilization and radiology.
- Saliva Collection & Sialometric analysis
- Assisting in biopsy procedures
- Taking Impressions
- Fabricating Oral Appliances
Minimum $19.80, Midpoint $23.55, Maximum $27.30
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.