The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, seeks to fill a dynamic and essential role within department. Located in the vibrant Jacobs School Building downtown, the Secretary coordinates all administrative activities in the department by implementing operating strategies to accomplish the following tasks that promote the mission of the Jacobs School. You will have a great deal of autonomy and must be able to make independent decisions that will impact department operations. This position will:
- Develop, prepare and monitor departmental budgets which include monitoring expenditures and supervising the maintenance of financial accounts and records. This position will create financial reports that will be given to the Chair of the department as well as the Dean of the School to assist in financial decisions. Monthly and annual statements will be prepared and distributed.
- Assist the Chair in gathering, compiling and transmitting data for all formal reports and activities for which the Chair is responsible for.
- Coordinate all personnel transactions including but not limited to preparation of dossiers for faculty promotion and tenure.
- Serve as the Human Resources recruitment specialist for the department which advises, helps to recruit candidates and markets the position to ensure full success of the open recruitment.
- Function as a key member on the team that plans and executes special events such as annual endowed lectures, departmental retreats and seminars.
- Supervise support staff.
Our Mission is to advance health and wellness across the life span for the people of New York and the world through the education of tomorrow’s leaders in health care and biomedical sciences, innovative research and outstanding clinical care. More information can be found at http://medicine.buffalo.edu/
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.