University of Idaho
$16.11 per hour or higher depending on experience
Responsible for administrative and programming support for the University of Idaho Confucius Institute. Duties include: being the primary office contact for students, faculty and other visitors to the Institute; assisting in the recruitment and subsequent support for Chinese language and culture teachers throughout the state, including taking a leading role in coordinating visa processes with the potential teachers, UI's international Programs Office, and other partner agencies; acting as the point person for logistics for Institute programming; managing the Confucius Institute library and related databases; and other tasks as assigned by the Institute Directors. This staff member reports to the Directors of the Confucius Institute within the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Division at the University of Idaho.
- Bachelors degree OR two years related work experience in administrative support.
- Experience in office support functions including word processing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; and reception.
- Experience interpreting and applying policies and procedures to develop, organize, and implement administrative projects and processes.
- Current passport holder, or the ability to obtain a passport and a Chinese visa.
- Bachelors degree.
- Administrative experience working with diverse/international cultures.
- Familiarity with recruitment of teachers from overseas, and relevant U.S. visa regulations.
- Experience with relevant UI policies and procedures.
- Experience researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
- Familiarity with Confucius Institute Programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience working with community, business, and academic organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and others.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to work effectively, with accuracy and timeliness, in a multi-tasking environment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
Open Until Filled:
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before September 23, 2019 will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Applicants: Please submit a resume and letter of qualification addressing each of the required and preferred qualifications.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.