Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Applications Programmer 2 (7299U), Facilities Services - 39946
University of California, Berkeley
Applications Programmer 2 (7299U), Facilities Services - 39946
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Facilities Services strives to continuously improve the campus in partnership with all members of the University community to ensure that classrooms, laboratories, and offices support teaching, learning and research. Through the efforts of over 500 dedicated staff members, Facilities Services manages the asset management program custodial services, maintenance operations, engineering and technical services, environmental services, grounds operations, the Cal Zero Waste program, the Campus Building Department, and the campus utility systems, including the cogeneration plant. The scope of the Facilities Services reaches across campus and is closely connected to the activities of staff, building managers, other campus departments and campus leadership.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 16, 2022.
- Evaluates existing configuration of computer maintenance management system software (currently IBM Maximo) to resolve issues and/or implement improvements.
- Assists with validating incoming improvement requests for effectiveness.
- Applies programming best practices with proper documentation.
- Executes computer maintenance management software (currently IBM Maximo) improvements and/or updates by participating in all phases of implementation; development, testing (includes regression testing) and production.
- Assists with software change control techniques which includes documenting software modifications and facilitating end-user training.
- Analyze existing and potential software integrations (might include financial software systems, reporting software like Tableau, and geographic information systems) and provides support for defining effective data processing between different software.
- Assists with maintaining web and mobile solutions to provide accessible information to clients.
- Develop SQL scripts and/or queries to update and/or evaluate backend database information.
- Assists with processing and improving regular, ongoing data tasks related to computer maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Communicates and coordinates with other workgroups to regularly balance financial information from the CMMS to process external client charges.
- Knowledge of programming languages: SQL, Python, Java.
- Thorough understanding of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge of a variety of software programs: CMMS, FME, Tableau, BIRT reporting.
- Knowledge of other related areas of IT.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing and supporting web and mobile solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
Salary & Benefits
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week), career position, and eligible for full UC benefits.
- This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $29.50 - $40.52.
- For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source of "UCB Employee" and then enter the employee's Name and Berkeley email address in the Specific Referral Source field. Please enter only one name and email.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=39946&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |