Registrar Services Associate-1
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide front desk service to students, faculty, staff, and parents, advising on academic policy and procedures, handling registrations and other basic registrar functions, and directing requests as needed. Assist in overseeing work study students.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Registrar's Welcome area including monitoring the flow of traffic, daily problem solving, ability to analyze questions and offer suggestions, advice and redirect when necessary.
- Greet all visitors and have them fill out appropriate forms while counseling them if they have questions.
- Answer phones when not assisting walk-ins.
- Perform daily transactions within the Registrar's Office with special emphasis on providing excellent customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Process all forms that are submitted to the Registrar's Office including collecting forms and distributing them to the proper office staff.
- Assist with interview, hire, train and supervise all work study students in the Registrar's Office.
- Assist with monitoring the Registrar's Office email, directing emails to appropriate staff and/or departments on campus for follow-up.
- Have knowledge of duties of other positions within the Registrar's Office in order to direct requests appropriately.
- Provide back-up support for daily processes.
- Have knowledge of and create relationships with other offices on campus in order to direct requests appropriately (e.g. Academic Advising, Bursar, Financial Aid).
- Assist in tracking walk-in traffic volume.
- Make suggestions for process improvement.
- Provide other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Minimum 2 years of experience, Registrar's Office preferred. Experience with student information systems. Ability to exercise good judgement when dealing with a variety of populations and regulatory issues. Excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail. Microsoft Office skills a plus.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Registrar-Services-Associate-1_R0001200
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.