Director of Student Wellness & Health Promotion
Pos. # 21000093 (Req. # STA00)
Wellness Center. Reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) and Dean of Students in the Division of Student Affairs, the Director serves as a member of the AVP's senior leadership team and provides functional day-to-day oversight of the Student Wellness office, including supervision of staff and budgetary oversight.
- Establishes and oversees a framework and strategy for building and advancing a vision for health education.
- Provides supervision and coaching of staff and leads and develops a team of health and wellness educators, peer health leaders, and related support.
- Develops and maintains a vision of wellness culture that is evidence-based and leads to the development and prioritization of program goals.
- Oversees program operations, including the program budget and supervision of staff.
- Directs the development, implementation and assessment of a campus-wide wellness strategic plan for students that aligns with divisional and university strategic priorities.
- Oversees outreach efforts related to wellness, such as alcohol & drug abuse, emotional self-care, nutrition and eating disorders prevention, healthy relationships and sexuality, and utilizes peer education to implement such efforts.
- Develops strategic direction in close alignment with the strategic priorities of Student Affairs with a strong emphasis on mental health and well-being as well as diversity and inclusion.
* Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Master's Degree in public health, health promotion, policy or education, social or behavioral sciences, nursing or related field; five or more years of related work experience; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Ph.D. or Ed.D.
Five or more years of program planning, health programming, and strategy implementation experience; previous supervisory experience
$70,193 - $87,742
Please visit the Georgia Southern University employment website and complete the application process at https://georgiasouthern.edu/jobs
. The application process must be completed by the deadline to be considered. Georgia is an open records state. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the ADA to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468. Georgia Southern University is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veteran employer.