Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Gallery Assistant (Hourly)
Austin Community College District
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Gallery Assistant (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:
Performs duties in support of galley programs and projects including collection management, artwork installation, visitor’s services, and project research.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Ensures safe working conditions and completes related safety and art handling training.
- Monitors gallery spaces and provide gallery visitors with comprehensive information about the gallery’s exhibitions, special projects, events, and mission.
- Assists in exhibition installation, design, and management of related programs.
- May assist students and interns in preparing or installing artworks, or working on assigned projects.
- Conducts research related to exhibitions, galleries, museums, local artists, and organizations.
- Prepares educational materials for class visits and public tours. May co-teach classes or provide support for educational programs, tours, and other events.
- Performs clerical duties including operating a computer, maintaining records and files, and compiling data and reports as required.
- Produces promotional materials and social media posts.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and materials, and maintains the gallery spaces and workrooms by cleaning and tidying the spaces as needed.
- Maintains artwork database and other tracking systems to manage collection and exhibition objects.
- May oversee or delegate related tasks to others as deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
- Assists visiting artists, scholars, and other invited guests for special projects and programs.
- Gallery procedures and practices.
- General knowledge of art production and art history.
- Customer service techniques.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
- Competent use of basic tools, power tools, and other equipment.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
- Image management and formats.
Preferred Work Experience
- Six months of experience in related field.
Associate degree in related field. (Level I)
Bachelor's degree in related field (Level II)
- Work is performed in a variety of settings, including office, studio, workshop, gallery, and other campus spaces.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Lifting of object up to 25 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Gallery Technician I - $21/hour (HGTE1)
Gallery Technician II - $23/hour (HGTE2)
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
November 14, 2022
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |