Program Assistant IV: Graduate Nursing Programs
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Assistant IV: Graduate Nursing Programs
Provides administrative support to School of Nursing and Health Professions (SONHP) graduate nursing programs while also assisting the manager, program directors, and department chairs, where appropriate and as needed. Carries out duties and responsibilities with limited to no supervision; exercising critical thinking, planning, problem-solving and interpretive skills to analyze situations, define problems, identify concerns, and develop and propose solutions associated with supporting the academic or administrative functions of program and department as related to student and faculty support. The incumbent's knowledge of academic affairs, complex departmental and divisional academic functions, external agency relationships, and student services enables the programs and department to serve students, faculty and external contacts more effectively through regular data report and updates to the manager, program director, department chair, and/or SONHP administration. Reporting to the Department Supervisor, this position will support faculty and students at the Hilltop, Sacramento, and OC campuses and may include some travel for recruiting
30% Program Support
This person will work with Program Teams to provide administrative support for those programs, participate with the recruitment, admission, and clearance of students, manage program academics, such as processing student forms, and work with other staff members and cross-departments.
30% Department Support
This person will assist in managing the business of the department including scheduling department meetings and taking minutes and departmental events, assisting with student orientation, monitoring overall patterns of students' progression as needed, communicating with students and department faculty, assisting in the review of course evaluations and facilitating recommended changes, purchasing and/or expenses and/or other business functions, and maintaining budget information for the programs.
30% Faculty Support
Provide routine support to faculty as needed, such as room reservations, copy/ printing orders, work orders, catering orders.
10% General Administrative Support
Provide occasional front desk or other office support, answering calls and processing requests. Provide back-up support to peer program assistants as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
Full Job Description:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Processing enrollment of students in nursing and health professions programs.
- Attend planning meetings to coordinate overall progress of students in the programs on main campus.
- Prepare and edit reports, proposals, catalog copy, meeting minutes, manuals and other routine correspondence related to the programs.
- Maintain progression and clearance records for students in program and communicate with students and advisors regarding status.
- Provide information to university and agency staff on the programs; assist fieldwork coordinator with preceptor information
- Assist in gathering data for evaluation of program outcomes.
- Communicate progress and outcomes of the programs to communities of interest.
- Maintain a filing system for program memos, documents, and reports.
- Support department in purchasing, expenses, and other types of financial transactions.
- Assist with maintenance of the program budget and variance analysis.
- Handle confidential, sensitive materials, correspondence and issues relating to School of Nursing & Health Professions programs.
- Plan/staff events for department.
- Compose and prepare correspondence to answer requests and inquiries.
- Proctor and monitor tests as needed by department schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post high school education preferred.
- Training or experience equivalent to four (4) years of increasingly responsible work experience in administrative support work or related education, including at least two years in a senior support role
- Strong, professional writing skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and behaviors associated with to cultural competency and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to meet projected timelines and follow-through.
- Ability to work and thrive in an open-collaborative environment.
- Positive attitude is a must.
- Precise knowledge of office and university policy and procedures; comfort and experience with university systems.
- Knowledge of Banner student software is a plus.
- Ability to work with variety of constituencies and explain complex rule-based systems with a high degree of service and compassion.
- Ability to set and hold boundaries with variety of constituencies.
- Appreciation of student privacy and understanding of FERPA regulations.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of functions within Microsoft Office suite and G Suite.
- Moderate to advanced experience with Excel and Google Spreadsheets as it relates to report generation.
Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, or Workday is a plus.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-IV--Graduate-Nursing-Programs_R0001426.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.