The Department of Neuroscience is a basic science department that focuses on cutting-edge research in the areas of synapse development and function, sensory systems, and complex behavior, cognitive neuroscience and behavioral neurobiology. Dr. Yang is supported by funding from the federal government, private foundations, and industry. Dr. Yang is also extensively involved with the Graduate School of Biomedical Science Program in Neuroscience as well as teaching within the medical school.
What You'll Do
The Senior Research Technician conducts a variety of routine and specialized laboratory experiments with accuracy. Performs specialized techniques and makes decisions regarding the appropriate protocol or procedure necessary to achieve desired results, the reliability and accuracy of results, and whether modification or repetition is necessary. Records test results and analyze data derived from experiments. Help PI prepare routine lab safety inspections and related documents. Help order reagents and keep lab organized.
- Conducts experiments following appropriate protocols and procedures to achieve results.
- Performs techniques such as tissue culture, PCR, immunohistochemistry, electrophoresis, protein purification and others.
- Records results and maintains accurate records of experiments
- Performs limited data interpretation and assists with statistical analysis and summaries
- Maintains laboratory equipment and orders/keeps inventory of supplies.
- Monitors animal colonies and performs husbandry, collects samples and maintains census records
What We're Looking For
- Degree in science and at least three year of related laboratory experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with laboratory techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of basic statistics
- Be organized and pay attention to details/follow up
- Able to communicate with others effectively