University of Idaho
Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
$16.70 per hour or higher depending on experience
Provide executive assistance to the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Senior Director for Development and the Director for Communications and Strategic Initiatives. Perform high-level assignments and ensure effective interoffice communications, management and coordination of the daily operations of the CALS development and communications teams. Assist with the administration of fundraising for CALS; collaborate with various internal and external groups by working both independently and in team activities on a daily basis. Responsible for maintaining confidential documents, applying detailed knowledge in developing and maintaining donor and stakeholder records; manage associated fundraising records for CALS.
- Associates or bachelors degree in business, organizational communications or related field and 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support.
- Good knowledge of office support functions like word processing, filing, composing documents, and financial record keeping.
- Excellent project management skills including proficiency in prioritizing and managing diverse, ongoing projects as well as ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proofreading and editing with strong attention to detail.
- Experience interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services.
- Demonstrated customer service-mindset that strives to facilitate and enable business partners success.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be a self-starter and can work independently with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of the University of Idaho, the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences and the Idaho agriculture industry.
- Good understanding of higher education policies and procedures.
- Experience with the University of Idaho Developments Ellucian Advance CRM module or similar system at another institution.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems by working independently; takes initiative and sets or follows priorities.
- Exercises good judgment in a fast-paced environment in an organized and professional matter and maintains confidences.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally with people from a variety of backgrounds and with various relationships to the university including faculty, staff, students and stakeholders.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
First consideration will be given to those who apply by October 11, 2018. The position will remain open until suitable applicant is identified.
In addition to the online application, please submit a resume and write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet EACH minimum and any applicable preferred qualifications of this position.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.