The Office of Teacher Certification in the School of Education at Lehman College assists students (and alumni) enrolled in our programs that lead to either an initial or professional certification with their recommendations depending on the candidates’ teaching experiences and academic preparation. We are seeking a Certification Specialist to administer this process.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will:
- Evaluate and assess credentials and transcripts (including international) for matriculated School of Education students and alumni. Perform thorough research of state and regional college/university accreditations, credit granting testing organizations (CLEP, Excelsior, etc.), grading systems and course descriptions to determine eligibility for teacher certification and to prepare program verification forms for out of state certification reciprocity and endorsements.
- Provide high volume advisement and guidance via phone/in-person, online and accommodate for special needs. Organize and conduct group teacher certification informational sessions for matriculated students in traditional program and specialized alternative certification programs.
- Organize, monitor, distribute and submit completed certificates for the state mandated DASA training offered by the School of Education to both traditional and alternative certificate candidates.
- Collaborate with program coordinators, Registrar’s Office, Admissions Office, SOE staff and assessment manager on issues including graduation audits, teacher certification exit screening, administering surveys, data collection, exam reviews, program coding, archived records and Title II reports.
- Provide guidance, referral service, navigation and preparation tools for individual NYS TEACH Online Services accounts including but not limited to: filing applications for initial, internship, transitional B, professional, provisional and permanent certificates, extension annotations, additional certificate and progression pathways, and other school personnel services such as adult education, substitute, and teaching assistant licensures; time extensions, re-issuance and interstate reciprocity.
- Monitor state regulations and candidate qualifications on all NYSTCE exam safety nets including evaluation of intensive writing courses and GPA calculations. Submit attestation forms to NYSED for all qualifying safety net applications approved by the Dean for the School of Education.
- Report and request for the removal of college recommendations for students who fail to maintain good academic standing and inactivity of alternate specialized programs.
- Daily usage of computer applications such as CUNYfirst, TEACH Online Services, Google Docs, Outlook, Oracle BI database and/or other automated systems in performing work assignments.
- Liaise with the NYC Department of Education Human Resources on verifying employment requirements and providing "on target" program completion letters and internship eligibility as well as referrals for finger printing and OSPRA 104 and OSPRA 103 forms.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ related experience required. Knowledge of CUNYfirst; TEACH Online Services; Oracle BI; Google Docs; Microsoft Office Suite; Contribute; ApplyYourself preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers College registration operations under management direction.
- Coordinates registration services such as grade collection entries and changes, publication of semester course offerings, final examination schedules, classroom scheduling and requests for student information
- Promotes policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations; advises College personnel regarding the development and implementation of responses to regulatory changes
- Oversees the conformity of record release procedures to management policies and legal requirements, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other applicable laws and regulations governing the confidentiality of student records
- Creates and reviews student communications from the Registrar’s Office; ensures transcript and Degree verification requests are handled in a timely manner
- Recommends and implements improvements to office operations; assists with strategic planning
- Prepares reports and analyses on registration activities
- May train faculty and staff on retention techniques, record-keeping protocol and/or registration systems
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
March 26, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.