Program Account Technician
Position Number: CM-216-2021
Department: Library & Learning Resources Division Office
Time (Percent Time): 100%
Term (months/year): 12 Months/Year
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Salary Range: A-79
Salary: Steps 1-6: $ 4,568 - $5,830
Shift Differential: Shift differential eligibility based on the current collective bargaining agreement.
Open Date: 07/19/2022
Initial Screening Date: 08/15/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on the listed Initial Screening Date are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed resume that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. If applicable, College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Optional - Three letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Health & Welfare:
Mt. San Antonio College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Lifetime medical benefits are also available for eligible retirees.
The College contributes an annual premium up to the family coverage amount for Kaiser Permanente $15 office visit medical, DeltaCare HMO dental, VSP vision and life insurance plans for eligible employees.
The District participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and National Benefit Services.
*Note: Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change. Please visit the Mt. San Antonio College Benefits Website for further information.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine technical accounting and administrative support duties in the preparation, maintenance, and processing of financial expenditures, reimbursements for assigned program, department, and/or division; balances and maintains accounting and financial records in coordination with the Fiscal Services Department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED & EXERCISED:
Receives general supervision from assigned managerial personnel. Exercises no supervision of staff. May provide training to student or hourly workers, and to support staff, as assigned.
This is the journey-level class in the Program Account support class series. Incumbents perform the full range of routine administrative support and accounting technical duties for various College programs. Incumbents at this level are capable of performing varied technical and account support activities, including providing assistance to the students and staff regarding accounting support activities. Incumbents at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit. This class is distinguished from the Program Account Specialist class in that the latter performs advanced journey-level technical accounting and fiscal support work and may perform work of higher level of complexity and difficulty.
1. Terminology and practices of financial and account document processing and record keeping and general accounting practices and procedures.
2. Applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, as well as College policies, procedures, and objectives relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
3. Principles and practices of data collection and report preparation.
4. Business arithmetic, statistical and basic financial techniques.
5. Financial and statistical record keeping principles and procedures.
6. Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and computer applications, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
7. English usage, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.
8. Techniques for effectively representing the College in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Perform detailed financial office support work accurately and in a timely manner.
2. Train and provide work direction and guidance to others as directed.
3. Respond to and effectively prioritize multiple phone calls and other requests for service.
4. Interpret, apply, and explain applicable policies and procedures.
5. Compose correspondence and reports independently or from brief instructions.
6. Make accurate arithmetic, financial, and statistical computations.
7. Enter and retrieve data from a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to perform assigned work.
8. Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
9. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
10. Organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
11. Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs, 10-key calculator by touch, copier/scanner, printer, fax machine, currency and coin counters, cash register, and bankcard systems.
12. Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
13. Understand scope of authority in making independent decisions.
14. Learns and applies emerging technologies and, as necessary, to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
15. Review situations accurately and determine appropriate course of action using judgment according to established policies and procedures.
16. Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications is listed in the Minimum Qualifications section.
Incumbents work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Incumbents may interact with staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing in and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Incumbents in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Incumbents must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 20 pounds.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report.
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
TRAVEL POLICY : Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be reimbursed up to a $500 maximum (per position recruitment). Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate. Travel reimbursement claims must be submitted no later than 30 days following the interview date.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.
1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399.
Phone: (909) 274-4225
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The start date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at Mt. SAC Employment Website to complete and submit your application for this position.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay, or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/9372