Student Success Coach (Temp FT)
Student Success Coach (Temp FT)
: North Campus
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 8, 2091. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Admin 11 - $39,096
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Provide for students who place in the lowest level of all three developmental disciplines essential learning support services and serve as an individual mentor to students; monitor the progress of students and provide the encouragement and support necessary to enable students to complete their course of study at CCAC.
Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum of two years experience in human services serving diverse populations or economically or educationally disadvantaged populations. Applicant must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability and willingness to work collaboratively. Attention to detail and the ability to follow through with assisting the student. Commitment to the students' success and student centered education. Community College experience preferred.
1. Assist students in developing an educational plan and strategies to improve student success.
2. Monitor student progress by utilizing available technology and tracking systems.
3. Design and coordinate group learning activities to promote student success.
4. Meet individually and in small groups with students as needed.
5. Work with Student Development Services Staff to meet the social and human service needs of students.
6. Work with Financial Aid Office to monitor student aid.
7. Participate in student orientation.
8. Provide individual and/or group coaching on issues related to academic success.
9. Refer students to internal and outside programs for additional support services or for crisis intervention counseling and follow-up as needed.
10. Assist with the development and implementation of early intervention and retention programs.
11. Work with the various Student Development Services Offices to identify and recommend appropriate services designed to address student needs.
12. Serve on college committees as needed.
13. Compile information on program services, activities, and students. Maintain accurate, organized, completed, and detailed records and develop and maintain reports as required or assigned.
14. Participate in student recruitment activities.
15. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=522&site=3