The Applied Learning Consultant will facilitate the department’s strategy for Applied Learning. Recognizing the value of high-impact applied learning (internships, project-based and micro-learning opportunities) on student outcomes, you will increase the inventory of opportunities by leveraging relationships with external partners, while also facilitating a more integrated response to applied learning on campus by convening relevant partners. You will also offer expanded consultative services to employer partners as they create applied learning programs.
Key responsibilities include:
You will consult with employers to cultivate high quality internship and project-based learning programs.
In the context of COVID-19 and beyond, you will partner with employers to offer innovative remote and project based learning opportunities for all students.
You will position Career Design Center as the point of contact for the employer partners seeking students for internships.
You will collaborate with other internship and experiential learning staff and academic units across campus in order to collaborate on an internship/project-based learning strategy.
You will create, maintain, and grow internship/project-based learning opportunities both on and off campus for UB students from all academic disciplines and levels.
You will manage the internship scholarship fund and work with employer hosts on fund disbursement.
About Career Design Center
Career Design Center supports all undergraduate and graduate students in imagining and designing meaningful lives and careers through early discovery, ongoing exploration and future-focused skill development. With the mission of challenging students to see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college, students gain access to Career Communities that include faculty/staff, employer and alumni collaborators providing connections, resources and guidance leading to expanded opportunities.
About Student Life
As a member of Student Life, you will join service professionals, all driven by one shared set of values designed to help ensure students’ well-being, create a safe and supportive environment and promote student success. In Student Life, growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence, thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience or master’s degree or professional certification.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively (1) develop and manage relationships with employers, alumni, students and campus partners, (2) manage multiple functional areas and initiatives (3) effectively manage programs, events and online platforms.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated skills managing and using spreadsheets, databases and online systems necessary.
- Three to five years of experience in relationship management or business development, a specialized knowledge of career services, internship development and processes, employer relations, and/or campus recruiting is preferred
- Experience in the accurate disbursement and management of scholarship funds.