This is a limited term position for 1 year.
The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life prepares Tufts students to become active citizens and community leaders. As the only university-wide college of its kind, its mission is to engage Tufts students in meaningful community building, public service experiences, and transformational learning.
It conducts groundbreaking research on young people's civic and political participation and forges innovative community partnerships. Tisch College is a national leader in civic education, whose model and research are setting the standard for higher education's role in civic engagement.
This is a 1 year, limited term position, with a possible extension through June 2024. This is an in-person position with some remote work. Employees cannot live outside of the United States.
Tufts University graduates, or class of 2022 graduates, are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life seeks to hire a recent graduate of Tufts University to serve in an exciting outreach role focused on increasing the civic and political engagement of students across the University. The Outreach Coordinator will support the student-led, Tufts University Jumbo Vote initiative, working with student leaders to facilitate opportunities for participation in local, state, national elections. They will help recruit for various student programs such as Honos Civicus and The Tisch Fund as well as identify and organize students to participate in Tisch College events, provide support with Jumbo Days and attend College and department staff meetings.
What We're Looking For
- Tufts University recent graduate (or class of 2022 candidate) strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative, creative problem-solver able to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Strong interest in pathways to civic and political engagement for young people
- Experience working with groups of people representing diverse social identities and political perspectives
- Strong technology skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, graphics)
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram)
- Experience helping to convene or lead student groups
- Experience with web site platforms (such as Drupal and WordPress)
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.