Administrative Support Specialist I/II
The Department of Animal Sciences seeks candidates for an Administrative Support Specialist I/II position to manage the daily operation of the Department of Animal Sciences office while assisting the Department Head and faculty members with any tasks necessary to support instruction, research, and extension programming.
This position provides direct administrative support to the Department Head, which will include managing calendars, scheduling, and travel. Additionally, this position will support the Animal Science office through the following responsibilities:
* Providing support to an office of 19 faculty, 17 staff, and 23 graduate students.
* Liaising with the College of Agriculture administration on behalf of the Department Head.
* Scheduling all Animal Science courses each semester.
* Facilitating billing, purchasing, and reconciliation processes.
* Using Kronos timekeeping system to ensure accurate submission of hours worked by department staff.
* Managing undergraduate/graduate hires.
* Serving as department liaison to other offices on campus.
* Facilitating building maintenance requests and tracking completion.
To learn more about the Department of Animal Science, please visit: https://agriculture.auburn.edu/research/ansc/https://agriculture.auburn.edu/research/ansc/
At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn:
Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting https://www.auburn.edu/administration/human_resources/employment/working-at-auburn.htmlaub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit http://www.auburn.edu/inclusionwww.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.