The University at Buffalo’s Office of Admissions and Interdivisional Marketing and Communications office are seeking an experienced operations and marketing coordinator to enhance our offices’ overall administrative support. The Office of Admissions oversees the recruitment of domestic undergraduate and transfer students, along with graduate enrollment operations, and special sessions. Interdivisional Marketing and Communications (IMC) is the creative marketing and digital communications group responsible for creating innovative and strategic communications for units focused on student enrollment and retention.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is passionate about making impactful first impressions, managing multiple projects, and delivering top-notch service to our partner units.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and has a passion for their work.
Key accountability and responsibilities:
- First Impressions. Your out-going personality will shine as you manage general office services by maintaining calendars, handling meeting requests, receiving calls and guests, and assisting units with a variety of office functions.
- Human Resources. As a collaborative team member, you will assist with employee recruitment, student payroll and contracts.
- Resource Planning/Procurement/Travel. You will use your detail-oriented skills to assist with budget tracking and planning, departmental purchasing, reconciliation, and travel planning.
- Event Planning. Your organizational skills will excel while assisting in the planning of a variety of events for on and off-campus recruitment, and product launches.
- Marketing and Communications. Managing multiple projects, connecting with partner units and immersing yourself in the business of traditional and digital marketing ensures you will always be showcasing your skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Work hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 pm; evenings and weekends as needed to meet the business needs.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree required or Associate’s degree and equivalent of preferred related experiences.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a professional setting.
- Experience with budget management and/or financial planning.
- Experience in planning and managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and work in cross-functional teams.
- Strong team orientation, effective interpersonal skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for problem-solving and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of the marketing and communications industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of the college recruitment process.
- Proven marketing communications experience.
- Proven event planning experience.
- Proven experience working with third-party vendors.
- Experience with project management tools.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.