The Department of Computer Science & Engineering in the School of Engineering & Applied Sciences (SEAS) at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Director of Administration. The position would provide direct assistance to the Department Chairperson in all administrative functions of the department in accordance with State, University, Research Foundation (RF), UB Foundation and SEAS guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Listed below are the broad areas of responsibility including but not limited to:
- Directing all administrative matters of the department on behalf of the Chair.
- Supervising departmental staff.
- General office management, business and marketing initiatives.
- Management and maintenance of the academic course schedule, financial management of department resources, administration of personnel matters within the department, processing of work authorization in conjunction with UB immigration, preparation of statistical reports for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Assisting Chair in allocating space and keeps space records and primary person to approve Sponsored Program Approval forms.
- Implementing strategies for promoting the department to increase visibility, attract potential faculty and students and improve national departmental rankings and work with the Department Advisory Board and help organize alumni and industrial events.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Masters degree required. One year of experience in an administrative or educational setting required. Experience in financial matters required. Must possess the ability to learn quickly, handle competing concerns diligently and in a timely manner while interfacing as needed with all parties involved. Excellent communication and computer skills are required.
Four or more years of experience preferred. A background in business and supervisory experience preferred.
Salary Range Competitive
Campus North Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and sample budget report.