In support of the University's mission to be a high quality educational and research institution, the Human Resources team partners with University communities to provide a broad array of programs and services.
Human Resources is committed to providing excellent service as a partner with management in the recruitment and retention of highly qualified diverse staff facilitating positive employee relations training to enhance employee skills, performance and job satisfaction. Human Resources creates and implements programs to increase organizational effectiveness as we design and deliver fair, competitive benefit and compensation programs, and administer payroll services.
Working together in a spirit of continuous improvement and collaboration, the Human Resources team contributes to a progressive and productive work environment that meets the challenges of a changing world.
What You'll Do
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is a strategic internal consultant to an assigned portfolio of departments, divisions, or schools across the university. Balancing the needs of the client with university policy and guidelines, the HRBP works closely with leadership to identify opportunities to build organizational effectiveness. As a true business partner, the HRBP understands the department/division/school/campus culture, strategic priorities and tactical realities, and introduces HR solutions or initiatives to help move the organization forward.
The HRBP is an employee advocate, management coach, and change agent, leading initiatives proactively to support employee engagement and organization development. The HRBP brokers relationships with Tufts Support Services (TSS) and HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to ensure that the right expertise is engaged in providing a seamless customer experience.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a human resources generalist, business partner, or employment expert in mid-sized or large organization, consulting to client population of 200 or more.
- Depth of understanding in multiple Human Resources disciplines, including organization design and development, training, compensation, recruiting, benefits, and/or employee and labor relations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience using HRIS.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal employment and labor regulations and laws.
- Solid oral and written communication skills and ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, make recommendations, and support position with data.
- Strong conflict resolution and mediation skills with demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations and complex negotiations.
- Excellent customer service orientation and project management approach.
- Ability to be flexible about shifting priorities and use resources creatively.
- Experience providing effective coaching.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and case management records management systems, HRIS, specifically PeopleSoft and other platform/cloud based systems.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- May be required to travel to any of three Tufts’ campuses (Medford, Grafton, Boston).
- May be required to attend meetings before or after regular business hours.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.