Records Lead (4722C) - 27449 - 1086
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
Berkeley Regional Services (BRS) is comprised of six (6) "service regions" that provide local high-quality administrative support to their groupings of schools, colleges and departments. Central Berkeley Regional Services (BRS) provides centrally supported services to the Berkeley campus and to the Regions in the area of On-boarding activities for new campus employees. Visas support and Records Management. BRS is committed to developing a culture in which employees are actively engaged in the work, mission, and vision of the organization and of UC Berkeley.
- Monitor, respond and close out ServiceNow task and/or case.
- Ensure Timely response to ServiceNow Tickets
- Create personnel files - audit hiring documents for accuracy and completeness to ensure UC policy, State and Federal regulations are met.
- Print and file miscellaneous personnel documents.
- Respond to requests from internal clients and external UC campuses.
- Coordinate and Manage New Hire, Rehire, Form I-9 and Miscellaneous
- Ensure new hire and rehire folders are in a secure file system
- File miscellaneous documents from file cabinet into personnel file
- Maintain and periodically audit file system for accurate alpha sort.
- Manage annual Purge of Form I-9 files in separate filing system in accordance with Federal regulations and UCOP Records Retention requirements.
- Coordinate and manage shifting of Files and Form I-9 for incoming transfers/ departments.
- Develop and maintain a purge schedule for all separated employees personnel files for destruction according to UCOP Retention Manual requirement.
Lead Records Management Team:
- Lead the UHS accreditation
- Manage and respond to Subpoena request.
- Process E-Verify.
- Lead the annual purge process.
- Assist mass onboarding sessions.
- Lead the Purge for separated employee personnel files.
- Lead the Purge for Form I-9.
- Store and schedule for destruction according to UCOP.
- Retention Manual requirement.
- Clear understanding and experience working with Form I-9 regulations.
- Familiarity and experience working with USCIS Everify.
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately alphabetize and file.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
- Applies knowledge of confidentiality and record retention policies to employment files and
- Basic computer skills.
- Easily adaptable to work environment.
- Familiar with records maintenance programs.
- Ticketing systems experience.
- Higher education experience.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/cx/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1086&PostingSeq=1