CMG Coordinator (4722C), Haas Core Programs
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: May 29, 2019
- Provides a variety of career support to the student population served by the organization, and to management within that organization.
- Handling in-person questions from students/recruiters; managing central/departmental email account, room reservation process management for department, general office administration and student support.
- Coordinates large, complex conferences/meetings/programs.
- Works on sensitive issues, priorities, protocol, etc. with access to student and staff confidential data.
- Works with department management to update/review/revise departmental resources, staff lists, tracking reports and customer satisfaction surveys to better communicate organization's
- Prepares budget for contract proposals and annual operating expenses.
- Administers contracts with multiple fund sources.
- Manages and supports submission of departmental T&L requests.
- Prepares correspondence and other written materials for department management requiring some specialized knowledge of the subject matter.
- Edits and proofreads written materials for content consistency.
- Determines need for general office equipment and supplies.
- May participate in contract negotiation and the preparation of RFPs requiring some subject matter knowledge of the materials/services.
- Applies specialized MS Office and Adobe suite software that may include Acrobat Reader, or similar programs.
- Applies somewhat complex Excel formulas, pivot tables, and similar functions.
- Compiles and arrays spreadsheets using subject-matter knowledge of the material to ensure data results are consistent with the nature of the data.
- May analyze trends.
- Thorough knowledge in administrative procedures and processes including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, multi-task and time management skills.
- Requires interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Salary & Benefits
- Keen interest in MBA career management industry.
- Strong communication skills.
This is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay will be commensurate with experience within the Union negotiated range of $25.71 - $26.90 / Step 5.0 - 7.0
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This appointment is a temporary (Limited) Appointment covering a Leave Of Absence at 100% time (40-hours per week) through February 28, 2020. There may be the possibility of extension.
In accordance with ARTICLE 28.B.5.a: The automatic conversion to career status, as provided in Section B.2. above will not occur when one or more of the following occur:
a. A limited appointee is hired to replace an employee on leave that exceeds 1000 hours. If the employee on leave does not return from leave, the limited appointee shall be converted to career retroactive to the first of the month following attainment of 1000 hours; except that nothing in this subparagraph precludes the University from releasing the limited appointee prior to the anticipated return date of the employee on leave.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at:
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=26916&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1