The Department of Economics in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University at Buffalo is seeking an Office Assistant 2. This is a integral administrative role supporting this mission of the department. It is also a customer service oriented position and requires the incumbent to provide excellent customer service to various populations.
The critical administrative tasks include but are not limited to:
- You will provide high level administrative support for the Department of Economics.
- You will work with the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) and Department Chair on the promotion and administration of our expanding undergraduate program.
- You will maintain appointment calendars for administrators/advisors in the program.
- You will serve as the logistics coordinator for office moves and set up requires great planning and management skills and the ability to schedule multiple levels of work to occur in the proper sequence.
- You will assist with the design of program materials. Create interactive on-line forms & applications and other literature for website)
- You will serve as the inventory coordinator. This will include logging and updating computer inventory records, communicate with CAS IT to remove, replace and re-image computers.
- You will generate reports in HUB as well as tabulating and summarizing information collected from faculty and students.
- You will manage student enrollment procedures and guide students through administrative processes
- You will be expected to communicate regularly with DUS and also undergrad advisor to make certain students’ needs are being addressed in timely fashion.
- You will supervise student assistants and work study students.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.