University of Idaho
Technical Records Specialist 2
$15.28 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Requires extensive public contact assisting the university community and the general public via phone, e-mail, and in person by interpreting and explaining financial and related records while using judgment and discretion in a wide variety of situations. Requires good knowledge of and compliance with university policies and procedures in order to enter, review, monitor, maintain, reconcile, and correct financial and related records. Ensures compliance with FERPA confidentiality laws when working with the university community and the general public and safeguards the university assets. Ensures the accurate and timely recording and depositing of all university funds received from a variety of sources and the accurate and timely disbursement of university funds to a wide variety of recipients.
- Interpreting and applying laws, rules, and procedures.
- Identifying, researching, and correcting errors for multiple or complex programs.
- Dealing with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in stressful situations.
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system.
- Composing and proofreading business correspondence.
- Conducting fact finding interviews.
- Experience working with cash registers and cash handling.
Working in a college or university business office.
- Familiarity with FERPA and UI policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with rules and regulations pertaining to federal Title IV funds.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable and collections.
- Experience with Banner.
- College level accounting courses.
- Experience working in a Financial Institution.
- Familiarity with banking rules and regulations.
- Excellent math skills,
- Ability to work with large sums of money
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator (or computer keypad) accurately and quickly,
- Ability to operate a PC.
- Demonstrated experience of excellent customer service skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
This position is a full time, year round cashier position within the Student Accounts office.
The position is open until filled.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.