The University at Buffalo is searching for a Staff Assistant to provide daily administrative management support for the University Police Department. The Staff Assistant will perform functions including, but not limited to:
- Supervision of University Police Lost & Found, including assistance with answering the non-emergency phone line and quarterly audits.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking of OTPS and PSR expenditures, creating and reconciling electronic personnel and requisition transactions.
- Responsible for the daily coordination of scheduling and overtime tracking and accruals, including processing biweekly timesheets.
- Coordinate the distribution and tabulation of departments customer satisfaction surveys
- Compiles information in accordance with policies of accrediting agencies.
- Performs updates as needed on department WIKI site, General Orders and other departmental documents.
- Serves as an Executive Assistant to the Chief, Deputy Chiefs, and HR & Business Manager.
The ideal candidate should be able to multitask and have excellent time-management skills.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associates degree required. 1 year of responsible work experience. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office suite, ability to multi-task and strong written/oral communication skills.