Internal posting for current Auburn/AUM employees (non-TES/Student) outside of the probationary period
Primary responsibilities of the position include coordinating the daily administration and duties of the CADC communications activities; coordinating public relations efforts for development and alumni relations; serving as a liaison with local regional and national media representatives; coordinating the implementation of communications, public relations and strategies designed to support the CADC; writing, editing and distributing information intended for promotion of the CADC’s Website; advising, collaborating and consulting with Schools and programs within the CADC regarding communications and public relations issues and directives. Supervisory responsibilities may include training, assisting or assigning tasks for others. May provide input to performance reviews of other employees.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements communication plans to promote the vision, mission, goals and achievements of the CADC and all three of its academic units and administrative offices.
- Researches, designs and composes content for dissemination through a variety of mediums, such as internal or external publications, brochures, posters, newsletters, websites, social media, presentations, development/fundraising materials, press packages, or broadcast media.
- Develops and provides graphic design for CADC communication materials and other materials as needed.
- Coordinates the production of materials to include content/style editing, designing, printing, photography and/or copywriting.
- Coordinates marketing and communication calendars, production schedules and deadlines, including coordination of work carried out by external vendors.
- Submits material to journals, associations or other external media, either proactively or in response to requests.
- Evaluates effectiveness of communications, public relations, and/or marketing programs.
- Prepares press releases and participates in public relations activities, in conjunction with college and university staff.
- Supports the planning and organization of special events and meetings.
- May maintain files, databases and electronic records of materials.
- May develop and manage a unit budget as well as assist with preparation of contract or grant proposals.