In this position you will support an office or organization under direct supervision. They perform routine support tasks, which require knowledge of standard office
procedures, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer
systems, using word processing, database and software packages.
High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling six (6) months of experience in the categories
a. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
b. college or university course work in any curriculum
twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
1. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing,
managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
2. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes
customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
3. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling
of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Knowledge of computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data,
or process information.
5. Skill in material resources management through obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of
equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
6. Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the
7. Skill in decision making by considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose
the most appropriate one.
8. Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of
rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
10. Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
11. Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a
relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
12. Ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.