Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Don't want to subscribe? That's OK too!
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Student Services Coordinator-School of Medicine
The Tufts University School of Medicine’s Department of Public Health and Community Medicine houses the Public Health and Professional Degree (PHPD) Programs that confer the Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT), Master of Public Health (MPH), Doctorate in Public Health (DrPH), Master of Medical Science (MMS) by the Physician Assistant Program, Master of Science in Health Informatics and Analytics (MS-HIA), and Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MBS).
The Office of Student Services for Public Health and Professional Degree Programs oversees the administrative operations of the School of Medicine’s graduate programs inclusive of admissions, registration, career services, and student services functions.
This role is offered as a hybrid (combination of onsite and remote) where you are required to be onsite at our Boston, MA Health Sciences campus 2-3 days per week. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Associate Director of Student Affairs, the Student Services Coordinator is a key member of the Office of Student Services for PHPD and is responsible for delivering administrative, organizational, and project support for the registrar, student affairs, admissions, marketing, career services, and clinical site procurement offices to ensure effective services for students. They will coordinate workflow between these offices and provide high level support. This position directly supports all PHPD student groups and events and alumni relations and works heavily with the Public Health and Community Medicine offices and Diversity, Equity and Anti-Racism (DEAR) Council in giving supportive administrative assistance when needed, particularly in interdepartmental events and initiatives. The coordinator engages with staff, colleagues, as well as students, alumni, faculty, employers, and vendors. Among the primary responsibilities are event and programming support, financial reconciliations and purchasing, student communication, project management and general administration. The coordinator is a dynamic generalist role with varied responsibilities serving several offices.
Provides advanced administrative support and oversees office operations:
The Student Services Coordinator provides broad administrative support within the Student Services division at PHPD. The coordinator engages with staff, colleagues, as well as students, alumni, faculty, employers, and vendors. Among the primary responsibilities are event and programming support, financial reconciliations and purchasing, student communication, project management and general administration. The coordinator is a dynamic generalist role with varied responsibilities serving several offices. Communication, collaboration, and strong customer-service orientation are integral to success, as are technical and administrative skills, and the ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines.
General Administrative Activities:
- Support Student Affairs, Registrar, Admissions, and Career Services teams with specific projects and events; including but not limited to reports, filing, verifications, managing e-lists, maintaining databases, documentation management, open houses, career fairs, orientation, alumni events, and commencement.
- Deliver high-level customer service to students and stakeholders, connecting them to people, answers, and resources, and honor our commitment to promoting and supporting a diverse and inclusive student life.
- Oversee day-to-day office operations e.g. facilities, telephone, internet, computers, bill payments, mail disbursement, office supply ordering and equipment etc.
- Triage phone and email inquiries; briefs managers on issues needing immediate attention.
- Explain and reinforce university policies and procedures and escalate emergencies or other sensitive issues.
- Prepares, facilitates, and manages confidential communications and information.
- Assists in coordinating commencement and orientation related activities.
- Liaison to student senate e.g., yearly elections, process expenses, assist with events etc.
- Tracks student group and student senate budgets.
- Provide exam proctoring for students with accessibility/disability accommodations.
- Manage and update student and alumni email list serves.
- Arranges for room reservations/setup and AV equipment for meetings and events.
- Assists with assembling info for promotional materials, website, accreditation.
Engagement and Event Planning:
- With the Associate Director of Student Affairs develop connections, resources, and processes to support the overall student experience as well as section events/activities.
- Support the Associate Dean and Associate Director of Student Affairs in efforts to enhance student life.
- Refine systems and processes that promote sustainable student knowledge capture and transition, as well as efficient workstreams for staff.
- Assists in planning events including identifying topics, activities, and/or speakers to build engagement.
- Provide on-site support during school-wide events, such as orientation, commencement, admissions open houses, services, etc.
- Coordinates logistics on-site during event or program.
Coordinates budget and/or expenditures:
- Responsible for purchasing and procurement for office needs, events, and programs.
- Manage and track student reimbursements.
- Reconcile and report P-Card expenditures and maintain any necessary financial records.
- Oversees spending and resolves problems for contracts and payment for site contracts
- Assists with long term planning and expenditures in the PHPD programs.
- Attend weekly Team meetings.
- Attend other regular and ad-hoc meetings as required.
- Committee/ Task Force memberships as assigned.
- Serve as primary monitor for the Student Services email inbox.
- This role is responsible for other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree, with 1-3 years of office or education experience.
- Strong follow through and project management skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including word processing, editing and graphics functions, and spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- In addition, excellent organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills for effectively communicating with diverse students and facilitating productive collaboration within the workplace.
- Experience in project coordination, student activities events delivery, higher education, or similar fields.
- Experience with logistical coordination, customer service, and event planning.
- Commitment to supporting the work of graduate students in a rigorous academic environment.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |