Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Graduate Career Design Consultant, Career Design Center
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Career Design Center
invites applicants with a commitment to engaging graduate students in designing their career and life after graduation. As a Graduate Career Design Consultant with a focus on graduate students, particularly Ph.D’s and post-docs, you are joining a team that is committed to working collaboratively with students to guide their exploration of options and their identification of pathways. The Career Design Center seeks innovative team members who believe that careers are not linear and that resilience, adaptability and openness are critical to life and career success.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the department’s strategy regarding serving the needs of graduate students with a particular emphasis on Ph.D and post-doctoral fellows seeking career paths inside and outside of academia.
- Act as the lead in building a collaboration with the Graduate School’s efforts to support the professional development of graduate students.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including departmental leadership, faculty, campus partners, community partners, alumni and employers to provide enhanced programming, connections and mentoring opportunities.
- Coach graduate students 1:1 and in group settings incorporating principles of life design to support graduate students in identifying and actualizing their possibilities.
- Develop relevant educational content in 24/7 Career Design Studio to scale career education to all graduate students.
- Collaborate with faculty/staff influencers and campus partners across all majors, schools and departments to co-create and deliver career design content and programming.
- Serve actively on Career Design Center team to design, promote, and execute programs for all students at the University at Buffalo.
- Embrace diversity, equity and inclusion as a key element of strategy development and programming.
The university seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Buffalo, to maintain the excellence of the university and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
About Career Design Center
Career Design Center supports all graduate and undergraduate students in imagining and designing meaningful lives and careers through early discovery, ongoing exploration and future focused skill development. With the mission of challenging students to see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college, students gain access to Career Communities that include faculty/staff, employer and alumni collaborators providing connections, resources and guidance leading to expanded opportunities.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Master’s degree is required.
- Demonstrated experience in a career coaching and/or counseling environment or the
transferrable skills equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within department and with external
- Ph.D. is preferred.
- Experience in facilitating and/or teaching in both in person and virtual formats.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and assessing educational content for diverse
- Able to translate student experiences to employment as evidenced by prior work
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |