Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Information Security Engineer
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Information Security Engineer
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), the Information Security Engineer is a contributor to the Security Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for cloud security for the university, lead the response to security issues across the University network for all community members (faculty, students and staff), participate in the development and implementation of new tools and techniques to better secure WPI's data, act as an internal consultant, become a subject matter expert in multiple aspects of information security and cross-train and mentor other members of the team.
- Architect, implement and manage WPI's presence in multiple tier one cloud environments
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of WPI's data network and all associated devices.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure situational awareness during security incidents.
- Submit comprehensive reports, including assessment-based findings, outcomes and proposals for further system security enhancement.
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer.
- Experience building and managing security of Tier-1 cloud environments.
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies, system security and networking tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Familiarity with Computer Security Incident Response (CSIRT) practices and processes.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Information-Security-Engineer_R0000580
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |