Housekeeping Supervisor (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Supervises housekeeping staff in day to day operations to provide clean, sanitary and attractive campus facilities in a cost-effective manner.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 16, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
: South Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Friday 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm; may include some weekends.
Associates degree and a minimum of three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education or experience required. Knowledge of general housekeeping procedures, housekeeping projects, cleaning techniques, contracts and products/chemicals. Ability to supervise, schedule and discipline a multi-member staff. Computer experience in Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
1. Schedules and monitors work assignments for housekeeping staff.
2. Inspects areas of responsibility to ensure completion of assignments.
3. Provides on-site training and education for staff in areas of proper cleaning/housekeeping techniques, job efficiency, safety and health.
4. Maintains adequate inventories.
5. Reviews cleaning products and equipment for improvements in usage.
6. Establishes and maintains product testing program.
7. Prepares department capital equipment budget.
8. Oversees set up of conference rooms, displays and other meeting rooms and events as requested.
9. Administers applicable outside contractor services.
10. Protects the assets of the institution through control of keys and the effective use of equipment and materials.
11. Maintains campus Material Safety Data Sheet (SDS), the Right-to-Know laws, and Hazardous Substance Survey forms.
12. Communicates with faculty, administrative and professional staff.
13. Selects and interviews candidates for open positions.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com
. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.