The Department of Pediatrics, University at Buffalo (UB), Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, is seeking a Staff Assistant to provide administrative support to our Chair, Senior Staff Assistant, administrative leadership, and faculty in the 17 divisions within the department.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, prepare and monitor departmental budgets which include monitoring expenditures and supervising the maintenance of financial accounts and records.
- Process financial transactions, including purchasing in Shopblue, etc.
- Administer State IFR Account. Work with individual PI’s on purchasing, transactions, and maintaining account balances.
- Taking into account employee labor distribution end dates, reappoint employees on current awards.
- Process ePTF appointments for state and unsalaried faculty and staff reappointments.
The Staff Assistant must be eager to learn, detail-oriented, and comfortable handling multiple assignments for various staff members in a fast-paced environment.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree with 2 years of experience in an academic or administrative/coordinator setting.
- Experience with university systems and policies
- Proficient in MS Office programs