Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Admissions Coordinator, Law School
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The University at Buffalo School of Law Office of Admissions
invites applications for the position of Admissions Coordinator
. In this fast-paced admissions environment, the Admissions Coordinator will serve as an integral member of the School of Law’s motivated, energetic, and hard-working admissions team. You’ll tackle a broad range of administrative functions, including but not limited to:
- Manage front office operations, including answering phones, handling walk-in visitors, processing mail, etc.
- Process applications for JD admission, from submission to decision or matriculation.
- Coordinate and oversee visitor folders and distribution.
- Oversee the School of Law’s Student Ambassador Program.
- Assist in the overall planning and execution of special events, from space reservation to securing IT/AV services, catering, etc.
- Represent the School of Law at on-campus and local recruitment events, counsel prospective students regarding the School of Law’s academic programs and admissions process.
- Evaluate and make preliminary recommendations on admissibility of JD candidates.
- Assist in the development of an overarching communications strategy and implementation of targeted events to build a diverse student pipeline.
The Coordinator will also provide School of Law building tours for prospective applicants and guests, and, on occasion, contribute to the Admissions blog.
About the School of Law
Offering a JD with nine optional concentrations, four LLM
degree programs, and dual degree options, the University at Buffalo School of Law has the distinction of being a part of a premier research-intensive public university and is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB School of Law is the only law school in the State University of New York system, offering its 400+ students an interdisciplinary approach to legal education. The School’s clinical and advocacy programs provide students with the skills needed to practice law in the most prominent law firms and public interest settings across the nation and around the world.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
.Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 1 year of related experience in a relevant setting.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including ability to set priorities, manage simultaneous projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative with minimal supervision, work independently and seek guidance when appropriate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service and collaboration.
- Ability to work occasional weekends, as well as early mornings and evenings to represent the Office of Admissions at special events.
- Demonstrates ability to work with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and locations.
- A valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle is required or candidate must otherwise demonstrate his/her capacity to meet the transportation requirements of the position.
- Master’s or professional degree.
- Experience in admissions for a higher education institution, particularly graduate or law student-related recruitment, preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |