Join our team! The Hospital for Large Animals at Tufts University is looking for a new team member to join our client services team. The ideal Client Services Assistant candidate will have solid professional skills, a passion for animals, experience with horses and a desire to make a difference in the lives of animals and humans.
If you are seeking a role which promotes growth, learning and values your contributions- you have found it.
Our integrated care teams combine state of the art science, clinical research, clinical expertise, and the human touch to provide veterinary care that goes above and beyond healing the patient to caring for the entire family.
The Hospital for Large Animals and The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of large and small animals. In addition, the hospital creates a positive learning experience for TCSVM students, residents and interns and supports the training of veterinary technicians.
What You'll Do
Responsibilities include working closely with clients and referring veterinarians to:
- Schedule appointments
- Assisting callers
- Providing patient updates
- Greeting and registering clients
- Admitting and discharging patients and managing patient records.
Specific allocation of responsibilities may change depending upon the needs of the hospital.
Typical schedules for Client Services at the Hospital for Large Animals is Monday-Friday 10am-6pm. Holidays and Weekends are rare, but as needed on-call.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in handling horses and other large animals
- 2 years of customer service experience, particularly in the fields of veterinary medicine or medical office experience
- Exceptional communication skills (both in person and by telephone)
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within a busy clinical setting
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals
- Proficient computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn the electronic medical record system. Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Associates in relevant field of study.
- 3 -5 years of customer service experience, particularly in the fields of veterinary medicine or medical office experience.
- Certifications in leadership development and/or client service areas.
- Exceptional Client Service Awards and/or acknowledgments.
- Knowledge of medical/veterinary terminology.
- Advanced experience in the Equine or Veterinary Industry.