If you are an animal lover and are passionate about their well-being, we welcome your consideration and exploration of joining our team! We are currently hiring at Tuft’s Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine in Grafton.
If you are seeking a position which recognizes growth, learning, and values your contributions – you have found it. If you strive for excellence in everything you do and thrive in an inclusive and innovative environment, you belong at Tufts.
Our outstanding benefits included Medical/ Dental/ Vision, Retirement Options, Generous Paid Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, CE Allowance, and Pet Care Benefits.
We are currently hiring for a Veterinary Technician to be an intrinsic member of our anesthesia department providing excellence in care to our small animal hospital. Working in the small animal hospital is simply awesome. The service has over 30 years of experience in training people to perform anesthesia. We welcome applicants of all skills levels to be part of anesthesia team with an extensive training program for less experienced technicians that includes one on one mentorship.
For informal inquiry or additional questions please feel free to email email@example.com.
What You'll Do
As a technician on this team, you will be trained to handle anesthesia of all kinds, as well as how to assist veterinary students as they learn anesthesia. You will be taught to manage a busy and diverse caseload. Accurately assess changes in patient parameters and work with students and clinicians on appropriate administration and intervention.
- Monitor, manage and implement procedures as ordered by clinicians.
- Provide high level technical assistance for all clinical facets of caring for the animals entrusted to our care.
- Facilitate excellent, and efficient functioning for all assigned duties.
- Assessment and anesthetic management of patients from induction, throughout procedure, through to recovery. Provide service to patients and support to co-workers and students that are consistent with our hospital’s standards of minimizing fear, anxiety, stress and pain in our patients.
- Clinical instruction pertaining to anesthesia protocols and procedures of veterinary students, interns, residents and student technicians throughout anesthesia rotation
What We're Looking For
- High emotional intelligence
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Engaged learner; Highly motivated to improve your knowledge base and skill set.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary technology or a high school diploma (or the equivalent). Minimum two year of veterinary technician experience
- CVT or minimum of 2-3 years working as a veterinary technician not as a CVT
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Basic skill set in IV catheter placement, animal handling and restraint, phlebotomy
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to receive work direction from others and function as a team member
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Interest to learn advanced anesthesia practices/protocols/patient assessment