Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Business Systems Analyst
Utah Valley University
Business Systems Analyst
: Staff - Full-Time
We have a new opening for a Business Systems Analyst to work in Human Resources Information Systems. The Business Systems Analyst will help enhance the HR experience through the development of reports and dashboards that provide essential and strategic information to departments, leaders, and executives throughout the institution. The successful candidate will have experience in extracting data from a relational database and practical knowledge of a variety of data analytics and business intelligence tools. You will be able to work independently with a high degree of ingenuity to solve data and business intelligence related issues. It is critical in this position that you possess strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to train end users, and the skill to balance conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
A Bachelors degree in a related field and one to three years related experience or a combination of education and experience related to the position totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Information Systems
- Knowledge of relational databases and database reporting/data extraction tools
- Skill in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, data analytics, reporting, web development, etc.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of ingenuity in solving data and program related issues
- Ability to balance and manage multiple requests with conflicting priority deadlines
- Ability to provide expert knowledge, advise, training, and expertise to leaders and co-workers
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writting
- Ability to assess, recommend, and develop solutions to enhance the HR experience throughout the institution
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to pay attention to detail and produce informative and visually appealing dashboards and reports
- Knowledge of Human Resources
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements including but not limited to FERPA, GRAMA and HIPPA
General office environment with computer work.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$41,804 - $55,739
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply on or before the review start date. This advertisement is subject to close at any time.
Please provide three business references within the application.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/12837
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |