The Division of Student Life
is accepting applications for the Operations Assistant
position within the Human Resources Department. In this role, you will coordinate personnel, business, and administrative functions as a member of the Administration and Planning unit.
Your responsibilities include:
- Create and submit a wide variety of financial and personnel transactions
- Coordinate the divisional performance management process
- Budget preparation, account monitoring, reporting, expenditure processing and analysis
- Monitor the unit’s e-mail account and respond to inquires using established policies and procedures
- Prepare and interpret reports and coordinate special projects as necessary
- Provide liaison between the Director(s) and the professional staff of the unit, division and University with respect to administrative matters
- Make process improvement recommendations and implement solutions to identified problems
Our team recognizes the advantages diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring to the workplace. We are particularly interested in candidates who share this value and will work to achieve the university’s goals of inclusive excellence.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About Student Life
As a member of Student Life, you will join service professionals, all driven by one shared set of values designed to help ensure students’ well-being, create a safe and supportive environment and promote student success. In Student Life, growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence, thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Associate degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload while ensuring multiple simultaneous projects are completed within expected deadlines
- Demonstrated experience supporting human resources and/or financial functions for an organization
Experience working with applicant management systems, and/or UB systems such as ePTF, UB Jobs, SIRI and ShopBlue.