This is a part-time position involving 16-20 hours of employment per week. Position starts immediately and continues through mid-December, 2021. After a month’s hiatus, the position resumes in mid-January and ends in May 2022. The position will be reevaluated for continued employment in the following academic year based on performance, budgetary review, and approval. As a PT mental health clinician at CAPS (Student Counseling), the ideal candidate needs to have the ability to work both virtually and in person. Our clinic is open 9-5 weekdays; and also two evenings a week until 8 pm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides initial clinical assessment, counseling and psychotherapy, group counseling, and crisis intervention services to enrolled students of the University.
- Maintains up-to-date case files as dictated by current professional standards.
- Adheres to ethical principles of the corresponding profession.
- Facilitates psychiatric hospitalization for students as required
- May be required to provide clinic coverage one evening per week.
- Licensure in good standing as a mental health clinician (LPC, LCSW, Psychologist) in the state of New Jersey. A Masters degree in a related field is minimally required.
- Multicultural competence and skill in working with students from a diversity of backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience providing mental health care in a University Counseling setting
- Demonstrated experience and specialization in the area of minority psychology issues
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and stressors facing international students.
- Experience in providing clinical services to students pursuing studies in STEM.
- Experience in assessment and treatment of young adults with autism spectrum disorders.
CV, and * two recent professional references* familiar with your clinical work.
To learn more about CAPS, candidates are invited to visit our home page: (stevens.edu/CAPS) prior to submitting their application materials.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty, and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Counseling and Psychological Services
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.