Part-Time IT Lab Monitor - Huntsville Center (Navasota, TX)
$10.46 - $15.32/hr dependent on level of education, GPA, and related work experience
HCLC Academic Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Huntsville Center offers a variety of academic and technical correctional education programs to TDCJ offenders. This is an IT Lab Monitor position within a correctional environment with an all-male offender population. Offenders are required to meet academic and security requirements for enrollment consideration.
Lab Monitors are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enter student and instructor accounts in the network.
- Monitor students in the lab environment; use of NetSupport School.
- Assist with computer related and course related issues.
- Collect and report attendance data.
- Communicate computer-related issues to the technical support team.
- Collect and report lab sign-up names and times.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- At least one (1) year of experience working in a computer related field
- At least one (1) year of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Able to work flexible hours
- Able to work evenings when required
- Associate Degree
- Previous experience working in higher education
- Previous experience working with offenders
Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work.
(Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4057
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.