University of Idaho
College of Graduate Studies
$17.12 - $18.76 per hour
This position provides administrative support for the College of Graduate Studies Dean and Dean's Office. Along with other College of Graduate Studies (COGS) staff, this position also serves daily operations of the student services function for the college; serves as a member of the COGS student services team; acts independently to troubleshoot and resolve; writes, edits and produces correspondence, spreadsheets, reports and other business documents; schedules appointments and travel; processes travel claims; maintains extensive knowledge of UI processes and procedures; manages sensitive and confidential administrative and academic information; works with students in the electronic thesis and dissertation submission system; and schedules and provides support for meetings for college administrators.
- Two years of experience providing administrative support.
- Collecting and analyzing data, summarizing findings and generating reports and presentations for leadership.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining policies and procedures / rules and regulations.
- Balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects.
- Working in an environment that required maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Working collaboratively with institutional leadership, students, faculty and staff.
- Knowledge of: contemporary office software.
- Skilled in interpreting and applying regulations or policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of online mass communication platforms, emailing services, social media, etc.
- Experience with on-line course management systems.
- Ability to apply discretionary decision-making techniques, to demonstrate flexibility, and to utilize conflict resolution.
- Some experience in higher education setting.
- Experience entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system.
- Knowledge of academic rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the UI Banner Student Module and Vandalweb.
- Familiarity with FERPA and UI policies and procedures.
- Strong understanding of college level administrative support.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Applicants, please provide a resume and a letter of qualification which addresses the areas of responsibility and all the required and applicable preferred qualifications for the position.
First consideration will be given to applications received by June 26th, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.