Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Office Assistant 2, Law School
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Office Assistant 2
will be involved with advancing the Law School’s
mission to increase the visibility and impact of the research and scholarly work of the law faculty. The position’s duties include, but are not limited to, collecting, maintaining, and reporting information on faculty research and engagement activities; supporting faculty in the dissemination of their work; and assisting faculty to find and take advantage of opportunities to enhance the impact of their work and other faculty support functions as needed. Some specific duties include:
- Creating and maintaining faculty profiles and posting faculty work to relevant websites
- Assisting with article submissions
- Collecting data on faculty engagement activity and scholarly work; and preparing reports as necessary
- Assisting with identifying book publishers
- Identifying, screening and/or training research assistants
- Providing administrative support for faculty-organized conferences, including travel planning and reimbursements
- Identifying conferences or other venues for participation, networking, and dissemination
- Liaise with the Law IT department to communicate technology needs, expectations and issues experienced by faculty in the classrooms.
- Faculty CV updates, syllabi updates to website and faculty annual report intake and collation.
- In consultation with faculty, disseminating faculty work to interested colleagues and assisting with article submissions.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by your supervisor and or faculty members
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.
About the Department
The University at Buffalo School of Law
— the only law school in the State University of New York system — is situated on the flagship campus of a world-class research intensive public university, the largest in the northeastern United States. Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |