The Tufts University Department of Occupational Therapy (OT) is one of the country's top-ranked programs. Through our education, research, and practice, we promote participation in meaningful and healthy participation in daily activities of individuals, communities and populations with diverse needs and experiences.
We are seeking a Senior Department Administrator to play a key role in the organizational administration of the OT Department to support training future leaders.
What You'll Do
Under the general direction of the Department Chair, the Senior Department Administrator serves as the primary contact and manager of a medium to large thriving academic department. This position has an on-campus presence.
- Provide complex administrative support for day-to-day operations including sponsored research
- Direct department administration, finances, and operations; faculty, student and academic services and manages one or more support staff employees
- Supply customer service to students, faculty and external patrons (such as alumni and prospective students)
- Independently represent department, faculty and programs to university and external community and may communicate on behalf of Chair
- Manage seasonal variations of department operations, based on academic calendar
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor' Degree
- 3+ years related experience
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational and time management skills including effective follow up
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven record of outstanding service orientation
- Strong budget and financial management experience
- Familiarity with federal, state, and institutional guidelines for research and other types of restricted funding
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and work collaboratively and cross functionally with all levels of staff
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated tact, poise and diplomacy while working with a wide variety of personalities
- Previous experience in higher education setting
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.