Admin Support III - CET Dean's Office
: Staff - Full-Time
The College of Engineering/Technology is seeking an Admin Support III to join the team.
Under the general direction of the College of Engineering & Technology Associate Deans and Administrative Assistant IV, performs and/or oversees a variety of associated administrative, fiscal, staff support, and planning activities.
Informs students, faculty, and public of departmental and university services available and answers incoming requests for information.
Obtains factual information requiring knowledge of policies/procedures.
Establishes, updates, and maintains files, inventories, ordering, receiving, distributing, and reconciling. Coordinates the preparation and submission of academic scheduling. Creates, updates, and places Excel schedules for labs maintained by the college. Assists departments, and follows-up, on Scholarships awarded to CET Students. Maintains CET storage inventory. Works with departments for current faculty schedules, and faculty contact information.
Maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies and administers other office duties as needed which may include supervision of office support. Keeps office equipment supplied and in working order.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associates degree and three years of experience or any combination of education and experience related to the summary of duties totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer systems and software essential to the completion of assigned duties.
- Knowledge of standard office methods, techniques, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the general academic environment.
- Basic skills in the preparation and interpretation of Word and Excel, reports, charts, graphs, and tables.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, decision-making skills and time-management skills.
- Attention to details with strong proofreading skills for accuracy, completeness, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and phone etiquette.
- Skilled in maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to plan, anticipate and adapt to potential changes.
- Ability to follow oral and written procedures and instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate proper etiquette when interfacing with a variety of people.
- Ability to develop professional networks within and outside of the university.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative support duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks.
Knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Suite including Teams, Scholarship software, Wolverine Marketplace, Live 25, myUVU, and Banner.
Work is performed in a general office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$27,592 - $34,490 annually
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/15959
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.