The primary function of the Office Administrator is to provide administrative and secretarial support to Chair and to supervise the department office and its staff. The Office Administrator is also responsible for the budget and finance of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Key duties include:
- Assisting chair in formulating annual departmental budgets; managing and prioritizing activity to maintain spending limits; monitoring activity and requesting budget adjustments as needed; assigning expenditures to appropriate accounts and cost centers; department liaison with CLAS Dean’s Office, Graduate School, Foundation etc.
- Assisting chair by managing correspondence, appointments, deadlines and preparation of external agency reports; preparing/maintaining program review files and assisting with annual reports, promotion/tenure documents, evaluations, confidential personnel files; drafting correspondence, responding to external information requests and representing department at meetings/conferences regarding administrative procedures
- Supervising office staff and coordinating personnel files, annual service reports, vitaes and utilizing HR PeopleAdmin system and/or paper processes to facilitate or oversee hires of faculty, instructors, SPS, grad assistants, civil service and student help
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
(a) Forty-eight (48) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Specialist level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility
(b) Twenty-four (24) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Manager level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility