Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
School Administrative Assistant (Job S#161)
School Administrative Assistant (Job S#161)
Posting Date: December 1, 2021 Posting End Date: March 01, 2022
Position: School Administrative Assistant Department: School of Architecture
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University Becoming "One Tuskegee," the ideal School Administrative Assistant will possess the willingness use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the Wilcox-C Building receptionist (greets, assists, and routes students and visitors).
- Maintain an up-to-date system of student’s record and filing system of admission and other administrative files.
- Incoming/Outgoing Phone Calls
- Coordinate meetings with visitors
- Handle all TSACS student’s information
- Facilitate the change-in-major, registration, change-in-registration, transient student and application for graduation forms.
- Type and submit requisitions, check requests, title Ill, and intra institutional vouchers to the appropriate departments..
- Initiate provisional sheets on new and transfer student and/or up-date required provisional sheets following grade submission for each semester.
- Works closely with general building maintenance personnel regarding Wilcox A & C and reports concerns appropriately.
- Supervise work-study students
- Provide administrative assistance for the internal and external correspondence related to conference planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Coordinate meetings and conferences for both Architecture and Construction department heads
- Schedule TSACS activities
- Maintain support documentation as required.
- Handle all returned requisitions, check requests, and distribute expense reimbursements when payments are received
- Provide clerical support in the development of grant applications.
- Prepare and route requests for supplies, equipment, and services.
- Process release of information requests for students, and/or alumni.
- Communicate pertinent information to students, staff, faculty, and coordinators.
- Distribute and pickup admission and registrar transmittals.
- Understand academic policies, rules, regulations, and academic standing,
- Provides department heads and faculty support and assistance as required..
- Prepare documents for meetings
- Taking minutes during meetings
- Creating documents using word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software applications
- Well versed in MS Word, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and Outlook 365
- Operating phone systems, fax machines, videoconferencing systems, and other common office technologies
- Updating and maintaining websites and social media applications
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree in a related field with two (2) or more years of experience
- Superb and written communication, analytical skills, excellent planning, and organizational capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and other University constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, allocate, coordinate and gather/analyze data for reports
- Experience in computer systems and in using database management, spreadsheets, and word processing tools
- Knowledge of the internet
- Knowledge of fiscal rules and regulations at Tuskegee University
- Must be a team player
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |