Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
University of San Francisco
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Workday Payroll Manager, this exempt position is an integral member of the Payroll Department, and provides support to the Workday Payroll Manager in processing payroll for over 5,600 faculty, staff, and student employees in the University's Workday Payroll and Time Tracking System.
Full Job Description:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Process semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for approximately 5600 University employees.
- Critically review and analyze payroll variances, IRS Forms W-4, garnishments, deduction set-ups, and all other pertinent information in the Workday Payroll System.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the University community to proactively resolve issues related to payroll and ensure the timely and accurate processing of payroll.
- Initiate collaboration and communication with business services division members to provide consistent, excellent customer services; arbitrate disputes among employees, as necessary.
- Train supervisors with respect to time entry and approval responsibilities; follow-up with supervisors, managers and employees if there are discrepancies with respect to time sheets or paychecks.
- Manage the central email account of the Payroll Department; evaluate employee issues that arise and delegate resolution tasks to the Payroll Department members, as needed.
- In charge of processing termination transactions and final paychecks for terminating employees; process manual checks, as needed. This includes following up with business officers and centralized departments to ensure all entries are input in a timely and correct manner.
- Assist the Workday Payroll Manager in configuring and maintaining the University's Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System, and ensuring the Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking System are setup to be in full compliance with all applicable state, local, and federal laws relating to wage and hour compliance, payroll processing, tax withholding, and ERISA.
- Under the supervision of the Workday Payroll Manager, solve Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking related issues, respond to Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking related inquiries, and enforce Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking policies.
- Guide the tasks and responsibilities of the part-time student employee in the Payroll Department.
- Enter, monitor, and validate entries made using various tools and reports in the University's Workday Payroll and Time Tracking System.
- In partnership and with the guidance of the Workday Payroll Manager, create and update various reports utilized in processing, monitoring, variance tracking, and improving internal controls in the processing of the University's payrolls.
- Identify business and system improvement opportunities to improve Workday payroll accuracy, efficiency, and promote outstanding customer service.
- Except as otherwise required by applicable law, take appropriate action at all relevant times to ensure all payroll data remains confidential.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of University Payroll Department matters in order to serve as the Acting Workday Payroll Manger during any period of time in which the Workday Payroll Manger is unavailable to do so.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Workday Payroll Manger in order to meet the operational needs of the University.
- The incumbent must have robust cross-functional collaboration skills and a demonstrated knowledge of relevant Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking issues.
- The incumbent should have at least 3 years of working knowledge in accounting with expertise in payroll.
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise with respect to Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking is required.
- The incumbent must be highly motivated, a strategic thinker, possess strong analytic skills as well as proven problem solving and decision making capabilities, demonstrate the ability to work independently, have a high degree of integrity, possess a demonstrable knowledge of Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking systems, and be able to work collaboratively and collegially with colleagues across the University.
- Have experience leading an implementation of Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking.
- Have or be working towards Workday Certification for Workday Payroll.
- Have or be working towards Workday Certification for Workday Time Tracking.
- Have and maintain an expert-level detailed understanding of Workday Payroll and Time Tracking system concepts and general module functionality.
- Have excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
- Have advanced level Microsoft Excel and database skills to aid in the creation and maintenance of required payroll reports and general operation of the Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking Systems.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or in another relevant field is required.
- The incumbent must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Payroll-Analyst_R0001567.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |