Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Technical Advisor, Perkins Grant
Technical Advisor, Perkins Grant
Starting salary range of $46,033 - $50,636 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C42. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Advise technical students and community members on procedures pertaining to the admission process, financial aid eligibility, career exploration and guidance, transferability of courses, and related academic concerns. Make referrals to inside/outside agencies as necessary. Work with both academic advising and Perkins personnel. Advise prospective, new, returning, continuing, and/or high school students.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist students with the admission process.
- Determine Texas Success Initiative obligation based on TAKS, THEA, Accuplacer, or other approved tests.
- Implement state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Interpret test scores.
- Provide technical degree pathways, explain degrees, and certificate programs.
- Assist in retention activities that promote certificate and degree completion.
- Provide career counseling and guidance to technical students.
- Evaluate unofficial transcripts for transferability of coursework.
- Assist with registration, including teaching students online processes, course selection, data entry, etc.
- Serve as an advocate for students and assist them with resolution of academic issues.
- Assist with financial aid application and process.
- Conduct orientations and workshops throughout the academic year, specific to the needs of technical students, such as financial and career literacy workshops.
- Work with Perkins Grant Director to complete grant activities.
- Work with academic advising/Director of Advising and Counseling to incorporate campus procedures into advising activities and attend professional programs.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- All registration times are considered peak-times requiring employee to work extra duties, time, and days.
- Travel to service area high schools, community events, and local industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a grant-funded position. Continuation of the position is based on the continuation of the grant and satisfactory job performance. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelors (or higher) degree
- Two (2) year of related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, staff members, and local industry
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail for tracking student success and student planning documents
- Flexibility of work schedule required with mandatory evenings and weekends
- Assignment will include the McNair campus and service area sites, including, but not limited to, high schools in East Harris County, Liberty and Chambers Counties, and Lee College sites, which include McNair and Lee College at South Liberty County
McNair Center - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application, including both a phone number and email address.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6693
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |